Tuesday, February 23

Day Tree





JUST SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
There is definitely this lovely stigma behind smoking.  That it is for delinquents, people who don't give a fuck about their well-being or that of others.

I won't lie.  I feel that way too often.  Like in one of my prior posts, I said that I didn't have a good enough reason to quit.  I realized I was coping with my stress and loneliness in the most ignorant way possible.   But, misery loves company and I seem to find more friendly people when I smoke.


I'd like to share with my readers a text I received from a really new/supportive friend when I told him I was having trouble.

"You will.  Even a few moments of weakness don't mean total failure.  You can do it."


DAILY DEBRIEFING:
Today was really tough for me.  I am really exhausted and run down.  All I want is a fucking cigarette.  I feel like I'm going crazy.  This addiction is just got writhing inside me.

I keep trying to remind myself that the feeling will pass eventually.

I'll tell you what though, I feel significantly healthier.  No weird aches/pains.  No chest tightness.  No light headedness.  I'm not short of breath.  I don't smell weird.



I could use some more encouragement, though.  Feel free to leave me some on my formspring.

1 comment:

  1. I quit for 9 months. The first 3 days are the 'hump' of craving, after that you really start to feel that you can breathe easier and don't have that uneasiness during the day. The next challenge is a party/drinking event, you have to turn it down a couple times before the smell becomes really strong like it was before you started to smoke and eventually you don't even notice it anymore. This becomes a problem when you live with someone who starts smoking a shitload after quitting with them for 9 months. D: Compared to the other dangers out there, like pill abuse, cigarettes are a long-term habit that won't completely wreck your life, but those electronic cigarettes advertised online actually work, and I know someone who gets hers all flavored water vapor, quit smoking completely, but likes to bring it to parties so that she can 'smoke' with the other people

    ReplyDelete